Lebanon Soccer Club
Lebanon Fall Classic Day 2017
September 30th for 8-U Rec Teams
October 1st for 10-U Rec Teams
Come and have some soccer fun!
Every player receives a medal or a trophy!
Details and Registration Forms will be posted shortly.
Dear Friend of Recreational Soccer,
The Lebanon Soccer Club (LSC) of Lebanon, CT, invites you to our annual U8 and U10 recreational Fall Classic (Fun Day) Tournament. This tournament weekend is designed for Recreational soccer teams only and no Competition teams or players rostered on those teams will be allowed to participate.
U8 TEAMS PLAY ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
U10 TEAMS PLAY ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2017
Every player receives an award.
Girls’ teams are encouraged.
Co-ed teams are welcome and may be scheduled to play same-gender teams.
Each team plays three 30 minute games with one 30 minute break.
U8 games are 4 v 4 (no goalies) with a maximum roster size of 10
U10 games are 7 v 7 with a with a maximum roster size of 14.
U8 games will be played on half fields with pug goals and no goalies. U10 games will be played on small sided fields.
No scores or standings are kept.
Enclosed you will find your Fall Classic Entry Form, CJSA Player Roster Form, Fall Classic Day Rules and Information (including driving directions). The Fall Classic games will be at the Lebanon Elementary School. Please review the information and rules carefully. We require that rosters be typed and certified by your Club Registrar and that coaches have player medical release forms available for inspection at sign in on game day.
All material is also available for downloading at the LSC Website
The Entry Fee is $60 for U8 teams and $90 for U10 teams. Entry Forms, Fees, and typed Rosters must be received by September 22, 2017. Teams will be notified of the start time of their first game by Wednesday, September 27.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com or Chris Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President, LSC
Lebanon Fall Classic 2017 Director
LEBANON SOCCER CLUB
FALL CLASSIC WEEKEND 2017
PHONE: ___________________________ EMAIL: ________________________
ENTER THE NUMBER OF TEAMS YOUR CLUB WILL BE ENTERING:
________ U8 BOYS ________ U10 BOYS
________ U8 GIRLS ________ U10 GIRLS
________ U8 TOTAL @ $60 EA. ________ U10 TOTAL @ $90 EA.
INCLUDE TOTAL FEES FOR EACH TEAM AND ROSTER.
NOTE: U8 TEAMS WILL PLAY 4V4 WITH NO GOALIE WITH A MAXIMUM ROSTER SIZE OF 10. U10 TEAMS WILL PLAY 7V7 WITH A MAXIMUM ROSTER SIZE OF 14.
PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM, FEES AND TYPED CERTIFIED ROSTER(S) BY SEPTEMBER 22, 2017 TO:
72 MILL HILL RD
COLCHESTER, CT 06415
PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO “LJSC”
U8 TEAMS PLAY SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
U10 TEAMS PLAY SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2017
LEBANON SOCCER CLUB
FALL CLASSIC WEEKEND 2017
RULES AND INFORMATION
DIRECTIONS TO LEBANON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
479 Exeter Road, Lebanon, Connecticut 06249
Take Route 207 or Route 87 to the center of Lebanon. From the intersection of Route 207 and Route 87, proceed east on Route 207 for about 1/2 mile. The school is on the right and the fields are behind the school.
Reminder: U8 games will be 4 v 4, no goalies, played crosswise on small-sided fields with pug goals.
REGISTRATION FORMS, FEES, AND REFUNDS
1. Registration is $60 per U8 team and $90 per U10 team.
2. Space is limited, so early registration is strongly encouraged.
3. Entry forms, fees, and typed CJSA player rosters certified by your Club’s Registrar must be
received by September 22, 2017.
4. A team is considered registered for the tournament once its registration fee and typed
certified roster are received.
5. If all of a team’s games are cancelled, its registration fee will be refunded.
6. If a team does not show up for its games, its registration fee will not be refunded.
1. LSC encourages participation of U8 and U10 girls’ teams. Co-ed teams are permitted and
may be scheduled against same-gender teams.
2. All U10 games will be refereed by U.S.S.F. registered officials. A U.S.S.F. registered
official may oversee (2) side by side U8 games.
3. All players receive awards.
4. Parking is limited, so carpooling is encouraged.
5. Concessions will be available each day of the Tournament.
6. No dogs are allowed.
1. U8 teams will play on Saturday, September 30, 2017. U10 teams will play on Sunday,
October 1, 2017.
2. Approximately 100 games will be scheduled each day. A new game will begin every 45
minutes straight through the day.
3. Teams will play three games total. Games will be 30 minutes long (two 15 minute halves
with a 5 minute half time). Each team will have a 30 minute break between its 1st and 2nd or
2nd and 3rd games.
4. Contact people or coaches will be notified of the start time of their team’s first game by
Wednesday, September 27, 2017. Teams should arrive at least 30 minutes before the start
time of their first game to get their field assignments and the times of their other two games.
5. Schedules will be arranged to the extent possible so teams from the same town will not play
6. In the event of inclement weather, the Tournament Director and Referee Scheduler will
decide whether or not games will be played. Cancellation of play on Saturday will not
preclude Sunday’s competition. If either day is cancelled, every effort will be made to
reschedule. Fees will be refunded to teams that cannot make a rescheduled date.
1. All soccer clubs registering for the Fall Classic weekend must be currently registered with a
Connecticut Junior Soccer Club (CJSA) sanctioned program and, thus, insured.
2. In the absence of any specific exceptions in this document, current CJSA rules and policies
3. U8 games will be 4v4 with no goalies and a maximum roster size of 10. U10 games will be
7v7 with a maximum roster size of 14 players. Roster sizes are limited so all players can get
equal playing time. All participants must be listed on a typed CJSA player roster certified by
their Club Registrar.
4. No official scores or standings will be kept. (See Coaches’ responsibilities 5.)
5. Lebanon Fall Classic weekend is a recreational a soccer event. Only teams eligible to play in
Recreational or Recreational Plus Leagues may play - as those Leagues are defined in the
current CJSA Policy Manual. No Competition teams and no players that hold player passes
to be part of a Competition team will be allowed. The following is from the Definitions
section of the current CJSA Policy Manual:
-Competition team means any team for which the players are selected on the basis of talent or merit OR
any team for which tryouts are held OR any team on which participation is by invitation.
6. No out-of-state or out-of-country players not registered with a CJSA sanctioned program are
1. Coaches are responsible for providing rules to parents and players prior to game day.
2. All coaches must have each player’s medical release form available for inspection on game
3. Coaches are responsible for having their teams ready to play at game time.
4. All players on a team are expected to be given an equal amount of playing time.
5. Coaches are encouraged not to “run up” scores. They should make every effort to keep the
difference between two teams’ scores at any point in the game to a maximum of seven goals.
6. With one exception, no coaches may be on the field while a game is being played. The one
exception to this rule applies to U8 games only. If, in the interest of safety, the referee stops
play because of bunching up, one coach from each team may enter the field to direct players
back to their positions. Coaches must then leave the field of play for the game to resume.
7. Coaches are requested to ask their teams and parents to police the area for trash and
belongings at the end of each game.
HAVE FUN, PLAY SAFE AND REMEMBER--IF YOU HAD FUN, YOU WON!!