Here are the schedules:
Lebanon Junior Soccer Club
Lebanon Fun Day 2016
October 1st for U8 Rec Teams
October 2nd for U10 Rec Teams
Come and have some soccer fun!
Every player receives a medal or a trophy!
Details and Registration Forms will be posted shortly.
Dear Friend of Recreational Soccer,
The Lebanon Junior Soccer Club (LJSC) of Lebanon, CT, invites you to our annual U8 and U10 recreational Fun Day Tournament. U8 teams will play 4 v4 with pug goals and no goalies. Also, t-shirts will again be on sale. For team rosters received on time, the names of all players and coaches will be printed on the shirt.
U8 TEAMS PLAY ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2016
U10 TEAMS PLAY ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2016
- Fun Day weekend is for Recreational soccer teams only. No Competition teams or players rostered on those teams may participate. (See Rule 5.)
- Every player receives an award.
- Girls’ teams are encouraged.
- Co-ed teams are welcome and may be scheduled to play same-gender teams.
- Each team plays three 30 minute games with one 30 minute break.
- U8 games are 4 v 4 (no goalies) with a maximum roster size of 10.
- U10 games are 7 v 7 with a with a maximum roster size of 14.
- U8 games will be played on half fields with pug goals.
- U10 games will be played on small sided fields.
- No scores or standings are kept.
Enclosed you will find your Fun Day Entry Form, CJSA Player Roster Form, Fun Day Rules and Information (including driving directions). Fun Day games will be at the Lebanon Elementary School. Please review the information and rules carefully. We require that rosters be typed and certified by your Club Registrar and that coaches have player medical release forms available for inspection at sign in on game day.
All material is also available for downloading at the LJSC Website using the short URL: goo.gl/wYXo4S . http://files.LeagueAthletics.com/Images/Club/12009/2016 Invitation.doc
The Entry Fee is $75 for U8 teams and $100 for U10 teams. Entry Forms, Fees, and typed Rosters must be received by September 24, 2016. Rosters are needed so all players’ and coaches’ names can be given to the t-shirt company. Teams will be notified of the start time of their first game by Sunday, September 25.
If you have any questions, please call me any time after 6:00 P.M. during the week and on weekends at (860) 468-0066 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lebanon Fun Day 2016 Director
LEBANON JUNIOR SOCCER CLUB
FUN DAY WEEKEND 2016
PHONE: ___________________________ EMAIL: ________________________
ENTER THE NUMBER OF TEAMS YOUR CLUB WILL BE ENTERING:
________ U8 BOYS ________ U10 BOYS
________ U8 GIRLS ________ U10 GIRLS
________ U8 TOTAL @ $75 EA. ________U10 TOTAL @ $100 EA.
INCLUDE TOTAL FEES FOR EACH TEAM AND ROSTER.
NOTE: U8 TEAMS WILL PLAY 4V4 WITH NO GOALIE WITH A MAXIMUM ROSTER SIZE OF 10. U10 TEAMS WILL PLAY 7V7 WITH A MAXIMUM ROSTER SIZE OF 14.
PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM, FEES AND TYPED CERTIFIED ROSTER(S) BY SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
178 CLUBHOUSE RD
LEBANON, CT 06249
PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO “LJSC”
U8 TEAMS PLAY SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2016
U10 TEAMS PLAY SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2016
LEBANON JUNIOR SOCCER CLUB
FUN DAY WEEKEND 2016
RULES AND INFORMATION
ALL GAMES WILL BE AT LEBANON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
DIRECTIONS TO LEBANON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
479 Exeter Road, Lebanon, Connecticut 06249
Take Route 207 or Route 87 to the center of Lebanon. From the intersection of Route 207 and Route 87, proceed east on Route 207 for about 1/2 mile. The school is on the right and the fields are behind the school.
Reminder: U8 games will be 4 v 4, no goalies, played crosswise on small-sided fields with pug goals.
REGISTRATION FORMS, FEES, AND REFUNDS
1. Registration is $75 per U8 team and $100 per U10 team.
2. Space is limited, so early registration is strongly encouraged.
3. Entry forms, fees, and typed CJSA player rosters certified by your Club’s Registrar must be received by September 24, 2016.
4. A team is considered registered for the tournament once its registration fee and typed certified roster are received.
5. If all of a team’s games are cancelled, its registration fee will be refunded.
6. If a team does not show up for its games, its registration fee will not be refunded.
1. LJSC encourages participation of U8 and U10 girls’ teams. Co-ed teams are permitted and may be scheduled against same-gender teams.
2. All U10 games will be refereed by U.S.S.F. registered officials. A U.S.S.F. registered official may oversee (2) side by side U8 games.
3. All players receive awards.
4. Parking is limited, so carpooling is encouraged.
5. A concession stand will be open each day of the Tournament.
6. No dogs are allowed.
1. U8 teams will play on Saturday, October 1, 2016. U10 teams will play on Sunday, October 2, 2016.
2. Approximately 100 games will be scheduled each day. A new game will begin every 45 minutes straight through the day.
3. Teams will play three games total. Games will be 30 minutes long (two 15 minute halves with a 5 minute half time). Each team will have a 30 minute break between its 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd games.
4. Contact people or coaches will be notified of the start time of their team’s first game by Sunday, September 25, 2016. Teams should arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time of their first game to get their field assignments and the times of their other two games.
5. Schedules will be arranged to the extent possible so teams from the same town will not play each other.
6. To the extent possible and at a coach’s request, a team’s schedule will be arranged to avoid conflict with religious observances. Since it may not be possible to honor all such requests, requests will be considered in the order received and only if the team’s Registration Form, Fee, and typed Roster have been received.
7. In the event of inclement weather, the Tournament Director and Referee Scheduler will decide whether or not games will be played. Cancellation of play on Saturday will not preclude Sunday’s competition. If either day is cancelled, every effort will be made to reschedule. Fees will be refunded to teams that cannot make a rescheduled date.
1. All soccer clubs registering for Fun Day Weekend must be currently registered with a Connecticut Junior Soccer Club (CJSA) sanctioned program and, thus, insured.
2. In the absence of any specific exceptions in this document, current CJSA rules and policies apply.
3. U8 games will be 4v4 with no goalies and a maximum roster size of 10. U10 games will be 7v7 with a maximum roster size of 14 players. Roster sizes are limited so all players can get equal playing time. All participants must be listed on a typed CJSA player roster certified by their Club Registrar.
4. No official scores or standings will be kept. (See Coaches’ responsibilities 5.)
5. Lebanon Fun Day weekend is a recreational a soccer event. Only teams eligible to play in Recreational or Recreational Plus Leagues may play—as those Leagues are defined in the current CJSA Policy Manual. No Competition teams and no players that hold player passes to be part of a Competition team will be allowed. The following is from the Definitions section of the current CJSA Policy Manual:
-Competition team means any team for which the players are selected on the basis of talent or
merit OR any team for which tryouts are held OR any team on which participation is by invitation.
6. No out-of-state or out-of-country players not registered with a CJSA sanctioned program are allowed.
1. Coaches are responsible for providing rules to parents and players prior to game day.
2. All coaches must have each player’s medical release form available for inspection on game day.
3. Coaches are responsible for having their teams ready to play at game time.
4. All players on a team are expected to be given an equal amount of playing time.
5. Coaches are encouraged not to “run up” scores. They should make every effort to keep the difference between two teams’ scores at any point in the game to a maximum of seven goals.
6. With one exception, no coaches may be on the field while a game is being played. The one exception to this rule applies to U8 games only. If, in the interest of safety, the referee stops play because of bunching up, one coach from each team may enter the field to direct players back to their positions. Coaches must then leave the field of play for the game to resume.
7. Coaches are requested to ask their teams and parents to police the area for trash and belongings at the end of each game.
HAVE FUN, PLAY SAFE AND REMEMBER--IF YOU HAD FUN, YOU WON!!