***27th Annual Columbia-Windham Columbus Day Tournament***
Saturday 10/8/2016 and Sunday 10/9/2016
IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR SCHEDULES AND SCORES:
- This is a Comp Tournament (Division 3 and Division 4 Only)
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: The deadline to register teams online is 9/30/2016 at midnight.
- TEAM CHECK IN/REGISTRATION: Friday, 10/7/2016, at the Horace W. Porter School (3 Schoolhouse Rd., Columbia CT - off Route 66 across from the fire department) between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM. At the registration you will be expected to present a copy of your team roster plus player passes and medical release forms. We do not have a tournament medical release form and ask you to use your club’s medical form. If you are from a town that is greater than 70 miles away we will be having a registration on Saturday morning 10/8/2016 from 7:00 AM to 11:00AM, but you must first get Director approval by emailing:
- Remember to send your roster to
- Tournament fees need should be paid online, however if you do not have a credit card, payment can be sent to CWSA, PO Box 321, Columbia CT, 06237.
The 2016 Columbus Day Tournament is fast approaching! Everything can be done online this year including:
- Team Registration & Payment;
- Referee Registration;
- Tournament Scoring;
- Online store; and
- Volunteer Registration.
Please tell your family and friends to go to the volunteer page (or click here Volunteers and sign up to be a Field Marshal, Scoring Official, or to assist with one of the many field volunteer positions listed above that are still available.
Tournament Rules & Information
The tournament fee is $375 for U9 and U10 teams, $475 for the U11 through U14 teams. — We have worked hard to keep our tournament fees lower the other tournaments around!
To Register go to the “Registration” selection on “Columbus Day Tournament” Tab on the CWSA web site
Games Halted by Weather
Games will not be stopped due to inclement weather. Games will be halted only when the referee or tournament officials determine that conditions are dangerous. The score of the game at the point the game is stopped due to weather conditions will be the official score of the game.
Duration of Games/Coin Toss
Games will be 25 minute halves. There will be no coin toss prior to the game. The team on the left of the schedule will have the ball to begin the game. The team on the left will begin the game on the left of the field (as determined from the bench) and the team on the right of the schedule will be on the right of the field. This applies to all games, including the seeded semifinal and championship games.
Game Starting Times/Time Constraints
Due to the number of teams participating and the resulting tight schedule there is no leeway in regards to time. Games must be started at the scheduled times. (A team needs a minimum of seven players for the 11V11, six players for the 8V8 and five players for the 7V7 to begin play.) If a team does not have the minimum number of players at game time the game will be declared a forfeit. During a game the clock will not be stopped for any reason including injuries. Halftimes will be only one minute. If scheduled games begin running behind schedule the tournament director may shorten games to 20 minute halves. Please leave the field immediately following your game. Shake hands off the playing field. Warm up prior to your game off the field. There will be no time for warm-ups on the field prior to the beginning of your game.
A forfeit will be recorded as 4 to 0 win for the non-forfeiting team.
Protests must be filed in writing by the coach or team manager with the field marshal within one half hour of the completion of the game. No protest will be entertained regarding a referee's decisions. The tournament director's decision is final.
Composition of Teams
Players must be registered with CJSA or the equivalent state organization. This tournament requires a certificate of insurance from any non US Youth Affiliate team, evidencing liability and player medical coverage. The minimum liability limits must equal or exceed CJSA’s minimum ($1,000,000) and the minimum excess player medical limits must equal or exceed $25,000. Teams must be Competition/Travel teams by CJSA/USYS regulations. The U-11, U-12, U-13 and U-14 teams will be allowed to have up to three guest players. Players will not be allowed to play on more than one team of the same age group. Boys will not be allowed to play on girl’s teams. (Girls will be allowed to play on boy’s teams). The tournament committee reserves the right to assign teams to a division other than what they registered for.
- All 7v7 and 8v8 teams can have up to 18 players
- All 11v11 teams can have up to 25 players
- U9 - U10 can have no guests
- U11 - U14 can have up to 3 guests
We will be accepting comp A and comp B levels U9, U10, U11, U12, U13 and U14 age groups.
- All U9 and U10 teams will play short sided games, 7v7, and will be guaranteed 4 games (non-result oriented games; no playoffs).
- U11 will be 8v8. U12 can be 8v8 or 11v11, U13 and U14 will be 11v11 and will be guaranteed 3 games with playoff possibilities
Red Cards and Yellow Cards
If a player gets a red card he/she must sit out the remainder of that game plus the next game. If a player gets a total of three yellow cards he/she must sit out the next game.
Coach and Fan Behavior
It is understood that coaches and parents become excited during games and find fault with referees, etc. There is a limit beyond which this kind of behavior becomes inappropriate. Please keep in mind that coaches are role models for their players. Please do not exhibit behavior which you would find objectionable in others. Also please encourage your parents to be positive, supportive and under control.
All fields will have a field marshal who will have a cell phone to request medical assistance. Each team must have a medical release form signed by the parent. You are expected to bring your club medical form. These forms will be inspected at registration. It is expected that teams bring their own first aid kits.
All teams must sign in so that player passes, medical releases and current certified rosters can be inspected. Please refer to Team Registration for time and location for sign-in.
Awards / Gifts
Winning and runner-up teams (U11, U12, U13, and U14) will receive a a trophy for each player (up to 18 per team).
In the U-9 and U-10 teams will receive a participation medal.
Scoring / Tie Breakers
Win = 3 points
Tie = 1 point
Forfeit = Win (3 points) and goal differential of 4
Goal Differential Limit per game = 6
No added time for injury
No overtime in regular pool play games
Pool play ties that cannot deem a concise victor in head to head matches will end in a draw and each team will be awarded 1 point.
In the event of a tie, in a semifinal game or a final game a 5 minute OT game will be played (not sudden death)
If tied after OT, Penalty Kicks will determine winner. Teams will select 5 kickers and the team with the most goals at the end of that will be deemed winner.
If still tied a new group of 5 kickers, per team (no repeats from first 5) will kick sudden death penalty kicks
If still tied, the sudden death series continues choosing 5 kickers at a time. All players must be used prior to repeating any kicker. NOTE: All players that were on the field at end of game MUST be utilized first, prior to using any substitution players.
- 1st Tie breaker is Head to Head
- 2nd Tie Breaker is Goal Differential
- 3rd Tie Breaker is Most Shutouts
- 4th Tie Breaker is Penalty Shootout